Vanatta

From Licking County Library's Wiki!
Jump to: navigation, search

Vanatta, originally known as Vanattaburgh, was named after the town’s postmaster, whose last name was Vanatta. Newton Township, where Vanatta is located, was organized in 1809, but had been settled in 1803. The town was featured in the book, The History of Licking County, Ohio; Its Past and Present, by N. N. Hill, Jr. [1]

M.J.

References

  1. Dan Fleming, February 22, 2000.