TrueCore Federal Credit Union
TrueCore Federal Credit Union, headquartered on Deo Drive in Newark, was established in 1940 by employees of the Case Avenue Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation factory who wanted to found a credit union in the factory; thus, Fiberglas Federal Credit Union was born. Because of the structure of the credit union and the ownership by members rather than stockholders, it is able to offer members lower rates on loans and mortgages while encouraging them to save money.
On February 1, 2015, Fiberglas Federal Credit Union acquired Cardinal Federal Credit Union. Cardinal was founded by Licking County teachers but expanded to include postal workers as well. The merger did not reposition employees or offices; but rather opened existing offices for use by members of the merged institutions. This included a brand new office on West Main Street that would be available to Cardinal Federal Credit Union members. With this new acquisition and Fiberglas Federal Credit Union’s ability to serve all of Licking County, the board members decided that a change in name was due. A name that “communicated the fact that they were now able to reach out and help more members of the community. It was important that this new name embraced the commitment to stay true to the credit union’s core valued: Integrity, Innovation, Service, and Community”. The credit union is accessible to anyone who lives, works, is educated, worships or participates in associations that are based in Licking County.
- "Frequently Asked Questions," TrueCore Federal Credit Union, accessed October 23, 2017 from https://www.truecore.org/?Cabinet=Main&Drawer=About+Us&Folder=About+Credit+Unions&SubFolder=Frequently+Asked+Questions
- "How It All Began: Our Story," TrueCore Federal Credit Union, accessed October 23, 2017 from https://www.truecore.org/?Cabinet=Main&Drawer=About+Us&Folder=Our+History&SubFolder=How+It+All+Began
- "Fiberglas, Cardinal Announce Merger." The Newark Advocate, Sep 09, 2014.
- "How It All Began: Our Story"