Moscow is a little section in the southeast corner of Union Township, located between Hebron, Buckeye Lake, and Licking Township. The town was established in 1830, by David and William Green, who had bought the land in order to take advantage of the newly forged National Road. The reason behind the name is unknown. The town was mostly gone by 1881, but around 1929, a restaurant was built on the corner of Mill Dam Road and National Road, bringing Moscow new life. The current owner, Cindy Disbennett, urges people to bring their memories, stories, and photographs in order to help rebuild Moscow’s history. 
- Dan Fleming, “Moscow on the Licking,” WCLT Radio Incorporated, May 15, 2008.