From Licking County Library's Wiki!
Auditorium Theater. The library remained there until 1920, when it moved to the old Hilliard family residence at 105 West Church Street. Library usage greatly increased during the Great Depression, which caused the space to be quickly outgrown. Due to financial hardships because of failed bond levies, the library was forced to remain in the house until a new facility could be built in 1949. The third home of the Main Library, 88 West Church Street, officially opened on August 9, 1950. This building served the community for 50 years until it, too, was outgrown. In 1997 a levy was successfully passed to fund the construction of a new building. On February 2, 2000, the fourth and current library was opened to the public. The current Main Library is located at 101 West Main Street in Newark.