The area known as Little Texas is theorized to have gotten its name due to the shape created by the railroad and the Licking River. It's thought to have been named Little Texas sometime between the years of 1866 and 1875. Little Texas is now a part of Newark, accessible only via Ohio Street. Don Edwards Park is located in Little Texas. 
- Jessie Balmert, “Time, Rumors Muddle Little Texas Tale,” The Advocate, August 5, 2011, 1A, 8A.