From Licking County Library's Wiki!
 Claylick was located at the fork between Brownsville Road and Brushy Fork Road. Claylick used to be a commercial center; the town had a sawmill, a water wheel, a gristmill, and an interurban station. A 1913 flood destroyed much of the town. The final blow, however, was the construction of the Dillon Dam on the Licking River. Claylick was prone to flooding, due to its location in a floodplain. The entire town was dismantled in the 1960’s, as everyone within the floodplain was forced to evacuate through an order of eminent domain from the government. The only remaining pieces of Claylick are a sidewalk, the Johnson Graveyard, and a house that was purchased by Marie Hickey and moved to higher ground on Claylick Road so that it wouldn’t be destroyed.
M.J. & C.S.
- Kathy Wesley, “Claylick, the Town That Went Away,” The Advocate, December 18, 1988, 1B.
- Dan Fleming, “There’s Claylick and Then There’s Little Claylick,” The Advocate, March 23, 2008.
- Wesley, “Claylick, the Town That Went Away.”