Church of the Nazarene

From Licking County Library's Wiki!
Jump to: navigation, search

The Church of the Nazarene has an intricate history in Licking County. The First Church of the Nazarene was founded in Newark in 1918. Years later, after accusations of martial infidelity against the pastor, about 60 members left the congregation and formed the Central Church of the Nazarene. For many years the two churches remained in Newark, with separate congregations and ministries. Then in 2001, the two churches made the decision to reunify, renaming themselves Newark Church of the Nazarene. [1]

  • Johnstown Church of the Nazarene, Johnstown
  • Newark Church of the Nazarene, Newark [2]

References

  1. Miller, B. (2001, February 10). Disagreement buried for good of God. The Newark Advocate.
  2. Folder Church of the Nazarene, Local History Vertical File, Licking County Library, Newark, Ohio