Church of God
Licking County has three churches under the Church of God. The first and oldest is the Church of God at God's Acres which was founded in 1916 in a storefront on the corner of Sixth and Locust streets in Newark. The church was formally established in 1919 by Brother E. E. Caldwell, the first permanent minister. God's Acres was established in September 1954, on the tract of land the church currently sits. The church hold revival style camp meetings on the grounds. 
- Black Run Church of God, Frazeysburg
- Church of God at God's Acres, Newark
- Church of God of Licking County, Newark 
- A Brief History of the Congregation at God's Acres. (2014). Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- Folder Church of God. Local History Vertical File, Licking County Library, Newark, Ohio