Church of Christ

From Licking County Library's Wiki!
Jump to: navigation, search

The Church of Christ has a number of established churches in Licking County. The oldest, the Perryton Church of Christ in Perryton, dates back to 1829. The church was founded by Elizabeth Lemert, a widow from Virginia, who also founded the town of Perryton, originally called Elizabethtown. The building that currently houses the congregation was built in 1869 near Licking Valley Road. [1] A number of the churches date back to the mid to late 1800s, while the later half were founded in the 1960s. [2]


  • Central Church of Christ, Newark
  • Heath Church of Christ, Heath
  • Hebron Church of Christ, Hebron
  • Licking County Church of Christ, Newark
  • Pataskala Church of Christ, Pataskala
  • Perryton Church of Christ, Perryton
  • Plymouth Church of Christ, Newark
  • Rosehill Church of Christ, Newark
  • Second Church of Christ, Newark
  • Southgate Church of Christ, Heath
  • St. Johns United Church of Christ, Newark
  • Tri-Village Church of Christ, Pataskala
  • Utica Church of Christ, Utica

References

  1. Whyde, L. (2005, December 3). Congregation celebrates. The Newark Advocate
  2. Folder Church of Christ, Local History Vertical File, Licking County Library, Newark, Ohio.