Ben

From Licking County Library's Wiki!
Jump to: navigation, search

The village of Ben was located in Madison Township, in Licking County. The general area of its location is described as being on Montgomery Road, at the jog in the road between Bolen Road and Loper Road, north of Marne.[1] The town was correlated to the establishment of a post office at the location on January 30, 1895. The post office was short-lived, however, closing on October 31, 1902, at which time mail service was transferred to Newark.[2]

C.S.

References

  1. Richard N. Helwig, "Ben," in Ohio Ghost Towns, No. 44, Licking County, ed. Richard N. and Richard M. Helwig (Sunbury, OH: The Center for Ghost Town Research in Ohio, 1998), 36.
  2. Helwig, "Ben," 36.