From Licking County Library's Wiki!
Revision as of 07:55, 24 August 2017 by LCL
- 1900 First horseless carriage in Newark, owned by Dr. O. P. Sook.
- 1903 The Powers-Miller Department store holds its grand opening in the Union Block on June 18, 1903.
- 1903 Fire rips through the Union Block on December 6, 1903, destroying the Powers-Miller Department Store.
- 1904 Fire destroys downtown Johnstown business block, totaling $125,000 in damages.
- 1904 Powers-Miller Department Store holds its grand reopening, after rebuilding from a devastating fire in the Union Block, on March 23, 1904.
- 1906 Stewart Brothers and Alward Company opens in the Union Block.
- 1907 Dirigible crash at the Licking County Fair on October 3.
- 1908 The Ohio Canal is filled in.
- 1908 Newark Arcade opened for business on June 7.
- 1908 Park National Bank is founded in July of 1908.
- 1909 Park National Bank opens for business on January 1, 1909.