Licking County Courthouse
The current Licking County Courthouse is the fourth one at this site. The first was a log cabin built around 1808 or 1809 right after Licking County was formed out of Fairfield County. The second was a two-story brick building erected in 1815. The third was a larger two-story brick building built in 1832. It was destroyed by fire in 1875, which also destroyed many court records that genealogists seek today. The present courthouse was designed by architect H. E. Myer of Cleveland and built between 1876-1878. Its cornerstone was laid on July 4, 1876 as part of the country's Centennial celebration. A mile-long parade arrived at the courthouse for the ceremony, led by General Charles R. Woods. The dedication was on October 19, 1878.
- A Bicentennial History of Licking County, Ohio 1808-2008, comp. by Dan Fleming and D. Robert Tharp, 2008.